The Groundlings are a people's choice award. You nominate the individuals or productions or programs for each category.
You can submit up to 3 (three) nominations beside each of the 12 (twelve) categories listed below, but only once please
When nominations close on February 1, 2011, Greenroom will collate and post the three highest scoring nominees in each category and publish them here. At this stage the voting process will begin, and you will be the voters.
The winners of the inaugural Groundlings will be announced on February 14, 2011. But first, the nominations ...
Please note that Groundlings will only be awarded to Queensland theatre-makers. Yes, we're proudly parochial.
Greenroom's focus, as per its byline, is on Professional and Independent theatre in Queensland. Amateur and community theatre productions are not eligible for an award.
Co-productions qualify but only insofar as nominees are Queensland residents. There is a separate category for the Best Co-production anyway.
All categories refer to work during the calendar year of Season 2010.
HOW TO NOMINATE
- Outstanding contribution by an Actor
- Outstanding contribution by a Director
- Outstanding contribution by an individual to Set Design
- Outstanding contribution by an individual to Costume Design
- Outstanding contribution by an individual to Lighting Design
- Outstanding contribution by an individual to Sound Design
- Best new play in an inaugural Queensland production
- Best Production by a Queensland Independent or Subsidised Company
- Best Co-Production
- Outstanding contribution by an organisation to the Independent theatre sector in Queensland
- Best Community Outreach Program by any Company or group
- Best Use of Social Media by any company or group
Click here This will take you to the nomination page where you will find a listing of all categories pre-printed for your convenience. There is also a button on most of Greenroom's pages which will also take you to the nomination page.
You can fill in up to three nominees in all or just some categories. Order doesn't matter. When you are finished, click the submit button at the bottom of the submission form page.
HOW THE NOMINATIONS WILL BE COLLATED
When nominations close at midnight on February 1, 2011, Greenroom will total all the nominations. When this is done - and it may take a day or so - the 3 (three) highest-scoring nominees in each category will be published for voting here on Greenroom.
HOW FINAL VOTING WILL HAPPEN
Voting will be done via an automated Word Press plugin, and results will be available on Greenroom on February 14. The day has significance!
To avoid any taint of conflict of interest, Greenroom will not be nominating or casting any votes.
So, companies and individuals please spread the word, and start your nominations. Yes, Virginia, you can nominate yourself or your company. Here come the Groundlings!